Verve Mobile study demonstrates that consumer confidence in financial services offered through mobile devices has increased
New York, NY – November 1, 2012 – Verve Mobile, a leading U.S. mobile advertising company specializing in location-powered solutions, announced today the results of a study conducted across 3,500 mobile publishers that use the Verve advertising platform. The study reinforces that consumers are not only comfortable and willing to use their mobile devices for banking activities; but that they expect more, easy-to-use mobile options from their financial institutions.
The survey was conducted over an eight-week period across the Verve platform.
Key findings from the Verve financial services survey include:
- Consumers prefer to access mobile banking by native app (41%)
- The smartphone is the overwhelming platform of choice for mobile banking at (63%)
- Top three mobile banking services used: transfers (63%), bill pay (62%), alerts (40%)
- 73% of consumers want communications based on their financial profile
- Location services most used, as it relates to mobile banking: ATM locator by current location (51%), branch locator (19%), ATM by zip code (19%), branches filtered by services (12%)
- 70% of consumers say expense & budget tracking are the most important mobile tools.
“The results validate what our financial service clients have speculated for a while now, that their customers have come to expect a near full service banking experience on their mobile devices,” says Greg Hallinan, Chief Marketing Officer of Verve. “There is a great opportunity for additional growth and competitive distinction for those financial service institutions who address this pent-up demand in the market, by providing increasingly sophisticated mobile account services.”
The study is available here for download.
About Verve Mobile
Verve Mobile is the leader in location-based mobile advertising. Our customers are national brand advertisers who want to engage consumers on their mobile devices with location-aware, data-driven and highly targeted marketing. We also serve over 3,500 premium publishers across the nation, delivering the platforms and services they need to power and monetize their mobile properties. The Verve “location intelligent” technology platform and the proprietary data it generates are revolutionizing mobile media and advertising. It enables consumer and content brands to reach their desired audiences on the go, out and about, and closer to the buying decision than ever before.
Verve has been leading the way in location-based mobile advertising since 2005 and has offices in New York City, Washington D.C., Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, and San Diego.
760-479-0055 ex 312